This privacy notice outlines how personal information relating to you and your child is collected, handled and processed by Special Educational Needs Expert Training & Advocacy Ltd. This is ‘personal data’ under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2016/679. Under this legislation, Special Educational Needs Expert Training & Advocacy Ltd is a controller and processor of your data and we must tell you what your rights are as well as how we collect, store and use your data. Any personal data that we handle will be processed in accordance with the legislation. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
The following information may be collected, stored and processed:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your email address
- Your telephone numbers
- Your child or young person’s name
- Your child or young person’s date of birth
- You or your child or young person’s medical history if it is relevant to your case
- Your child or young person’s school history
- Your child or young person’s diagnostic reports from external practitioners, including but not limited to psychologists and therapists
- You or your child or young person’s social care records
- Case papers from a Court/Tribunal or other body
This information will have been provided, or will be provided, by you or a third party you have instructed such as a speech and language therapist for example.
The above information is used to provide our services to you in our capacity as advisors.
Some categories of personal data, such as information about your child or young person’s medical conditions, are called “special categories of personal data” under the Data Protection Act 2018. We will always seek express consent to collect and use this type of personal data.
The information you give us may be used as follows:
- To advise you on the best course of action to take in relation to your case
- To represent you at the SEND Tribunal
- To negotiate on your behalf
- Further the progress of the case
All personal data is stored on our database in the United Kingdom.
We may disclose information whilst acting for you via a signed ‘Form of Authority’ form to the following groups: prospective schools, local authority education or social care teams, NHS medical staffs, external practitioners, the SEND Tribunal. We do not sell your information to third parties for marketing purposes.
Special Educational Needs Expert Training & Advocacy Ltd has the following legal bases for processing of your personal data referred to above
- Where it is for the performance of any contract we have with you or to take steps to enter into any contract with you
- By consent via signed “Form of Authority”
Under Data protection legislation you have the following rights:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data held about you or your child
- The right to request correction of any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date
- The right to request that your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to keep it
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office
If you have any concerns or wish to make a request for information, please email email@example.com
Your case file will be held in paper format for a period of three months from the end of your case when it will be scanned and then destroyed. The scanned file will be stored electronically. We will retain the personal data, for the purposes set out in this privacy notice, until you ask us to delete it or until three years after your last involvement with is at which point it will be securely destroyed.